The School of Interdisciplinary Studies guides you every step of the way to identify and accomplish your academic and career goals. Use the following resources to plot your degree progress, explore career directions and gain professional experiences through internships.
The Center for Academic Services offers academic advising for pre-majors and first-year students.
How it Works
You’ll discuss TCU course offerings and University degree requirements with a professional adviser. Your academic adviser will assist you as you develop your academic plan and clarify your college and career goals.
First- and second-year students must meet with an adviser prior to enrolling in classes.
Visit the Center for Academic Services to get started.
If you are changing your major or minor, you must do so online through my.tcu.edu.
Alpha Iota Sigma (ΑΙΣ), an international honor society for exemplary students of Interdisciplinary Studies, was founded in 2012 by the Association for Interdisciplinary Studies. To accomplish its mission—to recognize and advance the academic scholarship and achievements of interdisciplinary students—ΑΙΣ:
- promotes the benefits of interdisciplinary work;
- provides a forum to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration among students, faculty, and community members;
- investigates and encourages methods of interdisciplinary learning;
- enhances understanding and application of interdisciplinary knowledge among the general public;
- creates a sense of community among interdisciplinary students and graduates of interdisciplinary programs.
Student members of Alpha Iota Sigma advance this mission by:
- motivating their peers to excel in interdisciplinary scholarship;
- fostering connections between their academic coursework and the larger community through civic engagement projects;
- encouraging honors graduates to be leaders in addressing the complex problems of contemporary society with the highest intellectual, ethical, and moral standards.
Students eligible for ΑΙΣ membership are enrolled in a major or graduate certificate program within the School of Interdisciplinary Studies and hold a 3.3 or better GPA. Students may also hold offices in TCU’s ΑΙΣ chapter including president, vice-president, and secretary/treasurer. Dr. Huckaby is the faculty advisor for ΑΙΣ.
To join ΑΙΣ, complete the application form.