Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions for International Students

Do I need a TOEFL score to apply?

To verify your level of intermediate English or above, you do need to submit some sort of internationally-recognized standardized English test score report when you apply.

How do I get from the airport to TCU?

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport is 25 miles from TCU. Shuttle, train, taxicab and car rental services are available at the terminal.

Love Field is 35 miles from TCU. Shuttle, taxicab and car rental services are available at the terminal.

Airport Shuttle
Super Shuttle is available to or from the D/FW Airport. They may be reached by calling 800-BLUE-VAN or 817-329-2000. No reservations are required from the airport, however, for trips to the airport, reservations are necessary. Reservations from the airport can be made at the Super Shuttle phone in the terminal. Shuttles depart every 30 minutes (approximately) from D/FW Airport. Return arrangements must be made two hours prior to a desired pick-up time.

Rail Service
The Trinity Rail Express links the D/FW Airport with Fort Worth’s T&P Station. For more information, click here.

Taxicab fare from downtown Fort Worth to the campus is about $10. Allow 45 minutes for the trip from D/FW Airport to TCU. The fare is approximately $30+ one way.

I already have medical insurance. Do I need to have TCU’s medical insurance?

Yes, all international students must carry our insurance at a cost of $124/month.

Why must I show sufficient funds for one year of educational and living expenses?

TCU International Student Services only creates I-20s for one year terms (even if a student plans to study for a shorter period of time).  Additionally, when you apply for an F-1 visa, you may be asked to show proof of financial support for your planned stay in the US.  IEP students who have also been admitted to a degree program at TCU may get 5 year I-20s.

Do I have to get an F-1 Visa?
Yes, for full-time study an F-1 Visa is required. Our office will help you apply for the visa by sending you an acceptance letter and an I-20 form. You will bring those with you to your visa appointment at the embassy. US citizens, permanent residents, and those with certain classes of visas do not need the F-1 visa.