The applicant must be:
A. A good student (verified by secondary school or college transcripts)
B. An individual who has achieved at least an intermediate level of English language proficiency (verified by an official score report for an internationally recognized English exam such as TOEFL)
C. At least 18 years of age (verified by a government issued certificate, license, or passport)
A minimum TOEFL iBT score of 43 (or the equivalent) is required of all admitted IEP students prior to their arrival on campus. All students will be re-tested for placement when they arrive on the university campus for IEP orientation. Examples of other acceptable test scores are linked here.
To acquire an F-1 (Full-time Study) visa or the J-1 (Just-for-Exchange) visa, all citizens of nations outside the USA must show proof of financial support totaling the TCU estimates on the page here.
Steps to Apply:
- Submit an application online
- Submit a form for proof of financial support (for the Form I-20 or the DS-2019, if the F or J visa is required). This is available for download here: https://internationalservices.tcu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/126.96.36.199-Financial-Affadavit.pdf
- Submit a scanned copy of the following:
B. acceptable test score (linked here).and
C. passport page (showing photo and birth date)
- Submit application fees (upon verified admissibility):
$50 application fee
$500 deposit (The deposit secures a spot for the admitted student in the program and allows the University Registrar’s Office to enroll the continuing student in IEP courses without delays.)
- $50 shipping fee (This fee is to send the I-20 to student’s home country for his or her visa interview.)
|Session Name||Application Deadline (MM/DD/YY)||Session Orientation and Testing||Session Start Date||Session End Date|
To see the specific Intensive English Program and the Bachelor’s Program weekly ESL class schedule, please click here: weekly.schedule.www.IEP.tcu.edu
To see the general calendar for TCU, please click here.