1. Students will learn to critically and comparatively analyze the constructions of race
and ethnicity and their effects on global society at the graduate level.
You May Select Up to Two Additional Outcomes:
2. Students will learn and use the major theoretical and methodological frameworks of race and
ethnic studies, such as critical race theory, for conducting scholarship in their respective
3. Students will develop cultural competency in initiating and engaging in informed dialogues about race and ethnicity within the classroom and beyond.
4. Students will learn about and evaluate career opportunities available to students who have an accredited Graduate Certificate in race and ethnic studies.
Supplemental Concentrations Learning Outcome:
5. Students will develop further in-depth competency in researching and/or teaching race and ethnic studies in their respective disciplinary course of study.